LANGHORNE SURGICAL CENTER
It is always best to make every effort to address patient/visitor complaints internally through discussion to the Center personnel, Medical Director or Administrator. If the result is unsatisfactory, you may also call the Pennsylvania Department of Health at 1-800-254-5164. They are available 24 hours/7days. Or you may also call the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman at 1-800- MEDICARE.
The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman helps you with complaints, grievances, and
information requests. The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman makes sure information
is available about the following:
- What you need to know to make health care decisions that are right for you
- Your rights and protections under Medicare
- How you can get issues resolved
The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman also shares information with the Secretary of
Health and Human Services, Congress, and other organizations about what works well
and what doesn’t work well to improve the quality of the services and care you get
The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman works with organizations such as State Health
Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs). SHIPs are state programs that provide free
Local health insurance counseling to people with Medicare and national Medicare
Beneficiary advocacy organizations to make sure your issues are resolved. These
Organizations provide information, counseling, and assistance to help you with the
- Your Medicare questions, including you benefits, coverage, premiums, deductibles and coinsurance
- Grievances, (complaints)
- Appeals (if you disagree with a coverage or payment decision made by Medicare or your Medicare plan)
Problems joining or leaving a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO) or any other Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- You can find the phone number for your state’s SHIP by visiting www.medicare.gov/contacts or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048
- Visit www.medicare.gov and select “Ombudsman” under “Help & Support” to get information about how to get your Medicare questions and complaints handled.
- Visit the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman’s Website at www.cms.hhs.gov/center/ombudsman.asp.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to get help with your Medicare questions and concerns. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. If your inquiry requires a response from the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman, a 1-800-Medicare representative can direct your inquiry to the Medicare Ombudsman as needed.
- Visit www.medicare.gov and select “Have a Complaint about Your Care?” under “Need Help” to submit feedback about your Medicare health plan or prescription drug plan directly to Medicare.